Harwood floors are one of the best flooring options for your home, even though they require a bit of extra effort on your part when it comes to maintenance and upkeep.
Making sure you have the best hardwood canister cleaner can go a long way in making your life simpler. They are excellent for cleaning hardwood floors due to their flexible and multi-purpose nature.
Are Canister Vacuums Ideal for Hardwood?
Regular cleaners for surfaces like carpet and marble are quite different from the ones designed for hardwood. They are not only lighter in nature (to prevent unnecessary scratching) but they are also equipped with rubber wheels which allow them great mobility across entire floors without causing any scratches.
In recent years, canister style cleaners have become even more popular because of the many attachments which allow them to also clean drapes, curtains, shelves, ceilings, tables, and even lamps.
Best Canister Vacuums Currently Available
If you’re thinking about purchasing one of these for your hardwood floor, here are the best models that you should consider buying:
- Miele S2121 Olympus – This compact and chic vacuum cleaner makes the task of cleaning a variety of surfaces like curtains, upholstery and floors easier. A telescopic wand that is made up of stainless steel, numerous on-board equipment, automatic rewind feature of the cord, swivel casters, and a hose that is crush-proof are the key features of this product. It also has an advanced air filtration system that consists of an air-clean dustbag, pre-motor filter, and airclean filter that makes it one of the most powerful suction devices.
- Hoover WindTunnel – This bagless cleaner comes installed with a HEPA filter and has a variable speed controller which features finger touch technology. Its wind tunnel technology works best on hardwood floors and its powerful suction power makes it the ideal device for those who own pets.
- Dyson DC39 – Although maneuvering with the wheels can be a bit difficult, this multipurpose machine comes with ball technology and a central steering mechanism that cleans without any awkward moves. It turns right on spot where you want to clean and quickly removes dust, dirt, and pet hair from the surface. Free from replacement bags and a lifetime filter available, your Dyson DC39 cleaner doesn’t have any hidden costs. This cleaner has the ability to capture microscopic particles as small as 0.5 microns thereby making it ideal for eliminating allergens and expelling clean air for your home.
Things to Consider
Using them to clean hardwood floors is a great way to minimizes cleaning time. Make sure to choose a model with the following features:
- A long power chord (>25 feet long).
- At least 1200 watts of power.
- A long suction hose.
- A separate brush attachment for cleaning carpets (optional).
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter
- An easily accessible on/off switch.
They might cost more than handheld and uprights, but they are also much more effective for cleaning hardwood flooring. Moreover, they can save you money in the long term by helping you to avoid accidental scratches and dents, which are a lot more common with vacuums not intended for this.